LINGUISTICS Forum Index » Semantics Forum » phonosemantics regarding animals
The time now is Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm

Reply to topic

View previous topic :: View next topic
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:11 am
Post subject: phonosemantics regarding animals

I am working on phonosemantics last 20 years. My recent book on the universal law of phonosemantics has already published [www.soundmeanings.com]. I am further working on animal phonosemantics. I need the IPA representations of different animal sounds. Can anyone help me to find them?
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 am

/bɛl/ =approved /b/ indicating /ɛ/ available expansion /l/ English bell - INDICATING approved expansion [indicating the approval to expand the sound], pretty - indicating APPROVED expansion [indicating the expanded approval]
/fo:t/ - Unchecked/unconditional approving /f/ available in the insisting direction of /o:/ occupying /t/ {occupying available in the insisted direction of unchecked approving, the error is due to ‘unchecked’} The past tense of ‘fight’ is ‘fought’. The IPA is /fɔ:t/ - hidden inside ‘unconditional insisting approving’ in existence /fɔ:/ occupying /t/ {occupying with courage (hidden inner ‘unconditional approving’) in existence; defining a occupation of a person who had proved to have courage}
How did you come up with all these ….. (lobo post 07-06-11)
I will thank you for this question. it is a very important question. I am working on it. It will take at least 10 pages. Should I give that complete observations on this site?
To justify my theory, I will need the ‘spectrograms’ of different IPA symbols. Can you just help me to find them? Specifically I will need the spectrograms of /g/ and /ʤ/.
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 am

I am giving some of the animal sounds with their possible meanings. I wants comments on that.

Alligators - /bɛloʊ/ existed bound/protected /bɛ/ available expansion /l/ in the direction of /o/ hidden /ʊ/ {hidden availability in the direction of strength (expanded bond)} /hɪs/ expressing /s/ towards /ɪ/ physical {physical reaction}
Apes - /dʒɪb ər/ involved /r/ in bound/protected existence /bə/ of visible power /dʒɪ/ {involve in protected existence by showing power}
Asses - /breɪ/ bound /b/ involve /r/ indicated /eɪ/ {involve in indicated confined brain (bound); un-intellectual}
MalFet
Chomsky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:53 am
Post subject:

But everyone knows that asses say /hi:hɑ:/, not /breɪ/! Also, the belief that asses are unintellectual is a popular misconception.
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm

You may be right!
Sound /hi:hɑ:/ will denote “Continue displaying physically the physical entity”. This definition clarifies that the asses want to show his presence.
Can you suggest some site, where I can have authenticate IPA sounds of animals? Please visit www.soundmeanings.com for phonosemantics theory.
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:58 pm
Post subject: phonosemantics

Respected Mr Zaba,
I don't know, why the PM is not delivering. so I am posting the message here.
/tunka/
/t/ = occupying/ activating/ move on
/u/ = inflowing/ hiding/ continue hiding/ accepting inside
/nka/ → /ŋka/ = lively conscious entity
Occupying = activating; move on; moving in time.
Conscious = "towards clarifying or analyzing with logic". This can also be "towards clarifying the non-liveliness". This clarity can be of nine types as follows-
Clarity in knowing of property; clarity in action of property; clarity in experience of property; clarity in knowing of motion; clarity in action of motion; clarity in experience of motion; clarity in knowing of substance; clarity in action of substance; clarity in experience of substance.
In total the meaning of the word will be "In-flowing occupation of the lively conscious entity". Here the 'conscious' can be of nine types, and the meaning can have nine homonyms. Again, all can have psychological, biological and other meaning. Any way the near by meaning of word seems to be "occupation with intellectual". Please let me know the real meaning.

Please let me know that can we write /ɳd/ in place of /nd/ or can we replace /nd/ by /ɳ/ alone.
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 am

Respected Mr. Zaba,
Every philosopher has a dream of achieving ultimate theory of this universe. Theoretically it is impossible because you cannot understand the existence, of which you yourself are made.
I agree, it is very difficult to convince anyone. There is a reason behind this. Everyone needs a direct meaning of every phoneme. It is impossible. We can have the definition only. Let me explain the thing. The nature (science and spiritual both) operates under the ultimate logic, prescribed by the God (no spiritual meaning). This logic is made of branches. The accumulation of these branches creates the existence. Every branch has same story in different context and represented by different phoneme. Now, if you need to explain a phoneme, you cannot tell the entire story behind that particular phoneme. Let me explain the story of Phoneme /k/. Every existence has five different senses. Out of which one is variable-ability and second is observe- ability. When these two senses interact with each other, the clarification of variables started. Everything starts from future, passes through present and reaches to past. (This story is self proven in physical, psychological, and intellectual world). Here the /k/ represents the present of all the above process, and can be defined as “towards clearing the existent with conscious”. We cannot infer a direct meaning by this definition. We have to understand the meaning of ‘existent’, which changes with context, social and cultural values, geometrical situation, and vocal organs. It further depends on whether it is physical, psychological, or intellectual. Where ever we use this /k/, the story will be the same; again the story will be the same.
Could I able to explain myself?
Perhaps you can ask me the proof of this story, you can self visualize this story everywhere. You are going to say something (variable-ability), I am listening (observe- ability), the present tense of my understanding is my conscious, which is symbolized as /k/. The sun is offering the light (variable-ability), our cornea is observing (observe- ability), the cornea is towards perceiving the light, which is symbolized as /k/. We can symbolize them, but cannot give a specific physical shape in the form of meanings.
FURTHER, please can you give me some source, from where I can have IPA representations of different languages? You have still not given me the meaning of /tunka/.
zaba
Chomsky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 am
Post subject:

Quote: In total the meaning of the word will be "In-flowing occupation of the lively conscious entity". Here the 'conscious' can be of nine types, and the meaning can have nine homonyms. Again, all can have psychological, biological and other meaning. Any way the near by meaning of word seems to be "occupation with intellectual". Please let me know the real meaning.

The real meaning is the number 'ten'. I don't think that 'ten' has much to do with the 'in-flowing occupation of the lively conscious entity' (regardless of which of the nine types of conscious entity you're talking about)
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:23 pm

If the real meaning of /tunka/ is ‘ten’, we cannot prove it with phonosemantics, as the numbers are nothing to do with the nature. All numbers are made artificially.
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Here I am giving different sounds of birds and their possible meanings:-
/tsɪu/ occupying /t/ expressing /sɪ/ accepting inside /u/ {expressing the occupation of picking (accepting inside)}, /tsirəp/ occupying /t/ towards exposing /si/ involvement /rə/ towards acquiring /p/ {exposing the occupation of involvement in picking (towards acquiring)}, /pɪyʊ/ towards approving /pɪ/ the exposing existent /y/ inside /ʊ/ {approving towards inside the exposing existent; picking the food}, /pɪp/ approving /p/ the visible /ɪ/ approving /p/ {approving the available (visible approving) ; picking the food}, /sʊi/ expressing /s/ inside /ʊ/ exposing /i/ {expressing the picking}, /tʧvɪt/ active /t/ deriving energy /ʧ/ keeping inside unconditionally /v/ towards /ɪ/ occupying /t/ {occupying towards actively keeping the food (deriving energy) inside the mouth; keeping the food in the mouth while picking}.
For Phonosemantics refer www.soundmeanings.com
Corybobory
Chomsky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm
Post subject:

How do you know that is their meaning? Where do you get these meanings from? And how can you verify if they're correct?

The new (and improved) linguistics forum: http://www.linguistforum.com
(please join us there!)
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:20 am

please look at www.soundmeanings.com
Corybobory
Chomsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:22 am
Post subject:

No. Please summarize why you know this to be true.

(please join us there!)
Pramod Kumar Agrawal
Great Linguist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:21 am

Language is a medium by which two entities convey their thoughts. First of all, the thoughts are organized in a logical format, thereafter these logical formats select the phonemes, and after the selection, these phonemes are expressed. This expression or pronunciation of this sound, which carries some meaning to it, is called language. Here a question arises, that weather the selection of the phoneme is natural or is arbitrary? This is a long and historical debate, which is still unresolved. But looking towards the deep philosophical approaches, I believe that nothing can beyond the nature. Sound has a number of variations like tone, stresses, loudness, and distinctiveness, and it is very clear that these variations are made to construct the message only. Secondly, the science says that the sound is a wave, made of two factors. One is energy and second is message. As the energy portion of the sound is very small, it can easily be presumed that the purpose of nature to evolve the sound is just to transmit the message. And the construction of the message lies in the differentiations of the phonemes. My theory explains the meanings of all Devanagari and IPA phonemes.
These meanings based on a theory, which connects the sounds with nature. According to the theory, every sound has some specific philosophical meaning allotted by the nature. I have developed a universal theory, which is applicable not only for the physics, but also applicable in psychology and biology. I have tried this theory on 1300 Hindi (Indian Language) and 400 words of different world languages. The meanings coming out are sufficiently conveying the usable meanings of these words.
As the theory is universally applicable, we can assume that the same should be applicable for animal or physical sounds also. I have just applied the theory for animal sounds. I am just hoping to be correct. I am not 100% sure. I have tried this theory of number of animal sounds. What I found that the meanings of the animal sounds are limited up to desire, fear, threatening, introduction, and about ‘what are they doing’.
As regards the human languages, I am sure, but for animal, I am not very sure. I have to add the word ‘possible’. My new Book “universal theory of phonosemantics” is in pipeline. I want some critical analysis of my previous book, so that I can improve my new book.
Corybobory
Chomsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:30 am
Post subject:

Quote: Here a question arises, that weather the selection of the phoneme is natural or is arbitrary? This is a long and historical debate, which is still unresolved. But looking towards the deep philosophical approaches, I believe that nothing can beyond the nature.

So you're basing your entire theory on an unresolved topic that you assume to land on one side because you think nothing can be beyond nature? What does that exactly mean?

I think first you have to convince people that language is somehow non-arbitrary. The consensus as I'm aware of it is that IS arbitrary.

Why would it be otherwise, and how?

(please join us there!)